Use of Drones

The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) requires that all drone/unmanned aircraft operators - even those only using recreationally - to register with their office. Learn more.

In addition, the Minnesota Department of Transportation (MnDOT) requires that any drones/unmanned aircraft that have FAA-issued N-Numbers be registered with the state Office of Aeronautics. Registration with MnDOT is not required for unmanned aircraft operated solely for recreational use - but all users must still register with the FAA.

Learn more.